A good friend & co-conspirator in some of my BBQ adventures is retired from the Air Force and now working as a civilian at the air base. Recently, he was on a project that had him and others working all weekend. So, we decided we’d show the service men & women a little BBQ love.
I received this flash traffic on Friday:
TO: HEADQUARTERS, BBQ-OLOGY
FROM: TASK FORCE FAT BOY
REF: OPERATION HICKORY SMOKE
- OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF THIS OPERATION: DECISIVE SUPPRESSION ADVERSARY CODE NAME “GRUMBLING BELLY”
- BBQ-OLOGY IS AUTHORIZED TO COMMENCE OPERATION HICKORY SMOKE ON OR ABOUT 2200L (0300Z) ON SAT, 6 NOV
- DESIRED COMPLETION TIME/DATE OF OPERATIONS: ON OR ABOUT 1000L (1600Z) ON SUNDAY, 7 NOV
- TASK FORCE FAT BOY WILL PROVIDE SUPPLIES AND SUSTAINMENT (BEVERAGES) TO BBQ-OLOGY NO LATER THAN 2000L (0100Z) ON SAT, 6 NOV
- TO COMPLETE OPERATIONS, BBQ-OLOGY WILL BE REQUIRED TO RENDEZVOUS WITH TASK FORCE CAMBRO AND TRANSPORTATION TEAM ODYSSEY TO TRANSPORT REQUIRED SUPPLIES TO THE FEB (FORWARD EATING BASE)
- ARU (ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT AND UNDERSTANDING) TO TASK FORCE FAT BOY
END OF MESSAGE
Based on the after action report, I’d say that the BBQ was a success and “Grumbling Belly” was soundly defeated.