Every year, our neighborhood puts on a block party. There’s always lots of side dishes and someone is drafted to grill burgers, brats, & hot dogs. This year, I decided to take something a little different to the party. I pondered my patience for putting together dozens of ABT’s, stuffing a half dozen fatties, or grilling a hundred chicken wings.
In the end, I decided pineapple shrimp kabobs would be super easy, colorful, and significantly different from the appetizers that I typically churn out on one of the Kamado style cookers that I use.
So here’s how I put them together:
- 100 frozen shrimp (defrosted of course)
- Cut red, orange, and yellow bell peppers into pieces ~1″ sq.
- Prepare pineapple into ~1″ cubes
- Alternate shrimp, pineapple, & peppers on bamboo skewers (I did 2 shrimp per skewer)
- Grill over a hot fire
- I applied a warm mango salsa that I picked up at Sam’s Club.
Tip: Soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 mins. prior to assembling. Otherwise, they can burn in half over a hot fire.